Current Job Opportunities Australia
Think Water Smithton
Think Water Broome
Think Water Smithton Tasmania
Irrigation and Field Service Technician - Applications Close Friday 9th March 2018
Think Water Smithton is a specialist water solutions business focused on the design, supply, installation and maintenance of all pumping systems. As part of the Think Water network, the group is committed to providing solutions towards the rapidly changing landscape of water management throughout Australasia.
Reporting to the Manager your primary responsibility will be to diagnose, repair, maintain and install a range of pumps & equipment for our customers. This will involve, but not limited to, the following:
· Diagnose and repair equipment that is presented by customers in the field and in store when required;
· Completion of all relevant paperwork relating to jobs undertaken both in the workshop and on site;
· Diagnose and repair a range of pump types including but not limited to submersible, diaphragm, multistage, variable speed drives etc;
· The provision of technical advice and sales support to customers in-store and over the phone;
The preferred candidate will demonstrate:
· Sound knowledge of a variety of pump types, pivots & Dairy but not essential
· Sound mechanical knowledge;
· The ability to diagnose problems and implement efficient solutions;
· Strong passion for superior customer service;
· Drivers licence will be necessary;
· Be flexible with working hours if required, including some weekends;
· Work unsupervised;
· Prepared to follow company policies;
· Work in a small team environment and be part of that team;
For further information direct calls to Conrad Odgers on 0429 799 768
To apply please submit a resume and cover letter to
Think Water Smithton
25 Nelson Street Smithton 7330 TAS.
Or email: [email protected]
or upload from link at the bottom of the page
Think Water Broome, WA:
Experienced Irrigation Professional required - MUST be hands on!
Are you a highly skilled irrigation professional seeking a sea change?
If you are and you can answer the below, we strongly encourage you to apply!
Scenario: Tank fill from bore pump:
· Pump is 54 metres below the top of the bore casing
· Required flow is 4 kl/ hr
· Pumping level at this flow is 42 metres BTOC
· Rising main is 50mm pn12.5 poly
· Pumping through 63mm pn10 poly for 1.5 km from the top of the Bore
· Tank inlet is 2 meters above ground level
· Elevation from TOC to tank base is 2 metres
What is the total TDH for this system?
From the Grundfos SP range of pumps select a correct pump/s for this system?
Think Water Broome is a family owned and operated irrigation company based in Broome, Western Australia. We are the recognised leading provider of watering, pumping and irrigation solutions in the Kimberley. Our business includes a retail store, service department and project installations throughout the region.
We are seeking an energetic, knowledgeable and appropriately experienced person with a “can do” attitude to join our growing team. Our work takes us to many remote locations throughout the Kimberley, therefore to be considered you MUST be willing to travel away from home for extended periods.
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
· Installation of irrigation systems in sport fields, commercial landscapes, remote communities, cattle stations and residential sites
· Installation of tanks and solar pumping systems
· Irrigation pivots, both electric and hydraulic
· Carrying out repairs and service work on a variety of pumps and water systems
· Regular maintenance of equipment
· Maintain accurate records of service and installations
· Experience in installation & maintenance of irrigation systems and pumps
· Demonstrated experience in trouble shooting and diagnostics
· Able to read plans and drawings
· Able to conduct flow tests and calculate flow and pressure rates
· The ability to represent the brand in a positive light through professional service
· A willingness to be an integral part of the team and work autonomously when required
· A passion for customer service and enjoy interacting with people
· Manual drivers licence
· White Card
· Machinery operator tickets (excavator, skid steer etc.)
· Knowledge of SDI a bonus!
· Understanding of the Occupational Health and Safety Act
· Retail experience and POS programs.
This role is ideal for someone looking to build a career with an industry leader. The successful candidate will be offered an attractive salary package reflective on skill and knowledge.
Send your resume and scenario question answers to [email protected]
Interviews to commence March 5th.