Think Water values its relationship with its customers and the public, and is committed to protecting the privacy of individuals. Think Water is bound by the National Privacy Principles set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Commonwealth) (“the Act”).
- We only collect personal information when you knowingly provide it and, if requested, we can provide:
- What Information we collect and hold about you and why we collect such information;
- How that information is used by us and the organisations, or types of organisations that the
- information would usually be disclosed to;
- If the law requires the collection of such information;
- The consequences, if any, of you not disclosing such information;
- That you can access such information and how you can access such information; and
- How you can correct such information if it is not correct.
Collection of personal information
Think Water does not collect personal information unless it is necessary for us to carry out our functions and activities as a retailer. We only collect such information by lawful and fair means and in an unobtrusive way. The types of personal information collected and the purposes for which that personal information will be used will depend on the circumstances. For example, Think Water may collect personal information from you when you:
- create a user account to make an online purchase using the Website ;
- make a purchase using the Website as a guest; or
- request information, publications or other materials to be sent to you from Think Water, including where you contact us by fax, letter or email.
This personal information may include your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, or credit card number.
Think Water may use your personal information for the purposes for which it was collected, and other purposes to which you have consented; as disclosed to you when the information is collected; and as otherwise authorised or required by law.
Disclosure of personal information
We will use and disclose your personal information for the primary purposes of our business as a retailer or a purpose related to our primary purpose such as marketing, where you consent to such disclosure or such disclosure is permitted by the Act. In addition, we use such information to market to you products and services offered by Think Water unless you have indicated that you do not wish to obtain such marketing offers or material. Such a request can be made to the Privacy Officer. We will in such circumstances only use the personal information provided for the sole purpose of providing the service you have requested.
Think Water may utilise the services of contractors from time to time for the purposes of marketing and undertaking services as promoted by us. Your personal information will be provided to these businesses for the purposes of ensuring that our services are marketed to you or to enable a service to be provided to you.
It may be necessary for us to provide your personal information to others, such as:
mailing houses – we do not sell your personal details, but we may use mailing houses for the purpose of communication with you;
- our sales representatives, and franchisees;
- outsourced service providers who provide us with the ability to serve you;
- third parties who provide services to us in relation to the Website, and online shopping using the Website such as gateway providers, merchant facility providers and delivery service providers;
- credit reporting agencies for credit rating and fraud protection services;
- our professional advisers, such as accountants, auditors, lawyers; and
- government regulatory authorities as required.
We will not otherwise provide your personal information to a third party without your approval.
Security and access of personal information
Your request may be made in writing to:
The Company Secretary
Think Water National Support Office
PO Box 3857
Loganholme, QLD 4129
Email: [email protected]
Ensuring accuracy of the personal information we hold
We will reasonably attempt to ensure that the personal information we hold about you is accurate, up to date and complete. To assist us to do this please provide us with the correct information and inform us if your details have changed. This can be done by providing us with details of any changes to your information by fax or e-mail. If we deny you access or deny a request for correction we will provide you with reasons why we have denied you access or corrected such information in the circumstances.
Think Water Privacy Complaint Process
If you are concerned with the way we have handled your personal information, please contact our Company Secretary with your complaint. We will make available to you a privacy complaint form, which you will be required to complete and return to us. This will ensure the prompt investigation of your complaint. If we have not handled your personal information in an appropriate way we will take steps to remedy your concerns promptly.